1. I’m such a nerd. I wore a cute brown skirt to work today with cowboy boots, and a cute white tee that was freshly laundered. This evening I sat outside on the deck before dinner and glanced down and a smudge of something caught my eye: a bbq sauce stain from the last time I wore this shirt. How I missed this and didn’t notice it once today is beyond me. Even with changing into workout clothes and back at lunch. I will say, I must work with very polite people because no one pointed it out or asked what happened.
2. I’m reading a book called Divergent. It’s like Hunger Games, but more disturbing. I read this quote on the bus on the way home, “Politeness is deception in pretty packaging” and was struck, and I thought of it later when I noticed the bbq sauce stain on my white shirt.
3. I struggle with my weight. A lot. And I can’t believe I’m saying this here, in front of God and everyone, but about a month ago when Rick and I joined a new gym and I had a fitness test, I weighed more than I did when Josh and Abbie were born. I was at my heaviest weight in my adult life except when I was pregnant with Caleb. And it wasn’t because muscle weighs more than fat. Believe me, I was almost out of clothes that fit me.
4. I’m working out like a maniac. I wish I could be content with extra padding around my middle, but I just can’t give in to it yet. When I’m eighty I’ll give in and let myself go. But, until then, you’ll find me at the gym during the lunch hour 5 days a week, and two hours on Saturdays.
5. Now that you know I’m a flabby, nerdy sloth with bbq on my shirt, I will try to distract you from my confessions of all my flaws (not all, there’s more) with pretty pictures of flowers I took at my in-law’s house a few weeks ago.
There. See? Aren’t we all feeling much better now?